Monday, March 31, 2014

Herbert the Mouse

So there has been a mouse problem at the university I go to because we have endured an extremely cold and unusually long winter.  From what I have heard from my older friends, this year the university has cancelled more classes due to weather conditions compared to recent years.  Because of this, still ongoing winter, there have been mice in a lot of the dorms on campus.  Specifically my building which has had mice problems that you can count on two hands.  Two rooms on my floor have had mice and I have heard other horror stories of mouse discoveries.  I thought with the weather warming up a bit, the mice issue would melt away like the snow on the ground however, on Thursday night after I made my last post, I watched in terror as a mouse darted into my room and scurried behind mine and my roommates refrigerators.  

After some choice words I ran down to the office to tell them of my problem and then someone came up and set some sticky traps in hopes to catch Herbert, which is what I named him.  I was extremely upset by the whole experience and not upset like crying upset like angry.  I was pissed to say the least.  My suite mates are not clean at all and had not one, not two, but FIVE bags of garbage in the common area which is what attracted the mouse to our room.  My roommate and one of our other suite mates got rid of the garbage that wasn't ours to begin with.  I ended up going home this weekend because I was emotional and the whole scheduling process was getting to me and then the mouse just sent me over the edge.  

Being home was good for me because I was able to step back and calm down a bit.  I was able to examine the stressors in my life and realize that they are only temporary and that I just needed to figure it out in order to move past the small bumps in the road.  Going into this week I have a better frame of mind and I'm ready to hit the ground running because finals are only about four weeks away.  YIKES!!

Ta ta,
Jamie 

Find me on other social media:
Twitter: @jkeeens
Instagram: @jaymeekeenan

No comments:

Post a Comment