Sunday, March 9, 2014

Keeping in touch

I just wanted to make a quick post about keeping touch with people when you are in college.  When you first go to college, it's all very exciting and new.  You are finally independent and you are out experiencing everything you possibly can.  In the beginning of the first semester, even after my uncle's accident, I wouldn't talk to my family for days at a time.  Now that it's the second semester I talk to her almost every day.  Even when I was homesick last semester I would just look at pictures on Facebook, on my phone and on my computer and I would just cry.  It was very weird being at school for the first couple of weeks because I felt like my family was just continuing their lives and I just wasn't a part of it.  I was talking to my friend about this feeling the other day because her family was celebrating her dad and sister's birthdays and she was sad she couldn't be there.

This being said I absolutely love college.  The workload is a lot but I have a great group of friends.  I hang out with them everyday.  We get dinner together every day and we are kind of our own little family unit.  We talk about our days and things that are going on in our lives and just share a lot of laughs.  It's very exiting because we just picked where we are going to live next year.  We picked to live on the quad with the best dining hall food which is very exciting.  I'm happy we will be living together because right now its a complete pain to go all over the building to each other's rooms.  I love my group of friends and we get to see each other everyday but us being together all the time sometimes I forget to keep in touch with my family and friends from home.

I have no one that I really text all the time every single day.  I have weird relationships like that.  Me and my best friend from home didn't go to the same high school but we lived in the same town.  We wouldn't text everyday but when we saw each other we would stay up all night talking about everything.  That's just the relationship we have.  Now that we are in college it's a little bit different.  She goes to school in Canada so none of our breaks so far have matched up.  We make up for this by talking on the phone.  We will randomly call each other out of the blue and just talk for a long time about everything and we do text from time to time in-between these long phone calls.  We will have the summer off at the same time though and that will give us an opportunity to hang out a lot.

My sister, my cousin and I are really close and when I'm home we hang out all the time.  We are all literally attached at the hip.  Me and my sister are really close but we don't talk all the time.  We text each other intermittently.  I love her to death and I would love to text her all the time but she doesn't seem to want to which is fine I give her space because I know thats just the way our relationship is.  My cousin and I text from time to time as well but we always spend a ton of time together when I'm home.  

Wow that has been a super long post and if you have made it this far good for you!!  Thanks so much for reading!!

Ta ta,
Jamie

Follow me on other social media:
Twitter: @jkeeens
Instagram: jaymeekeenan


No comments:

Post a Comment